Friday, September 7, 2012

Sturdy colors

Color! I'm still not sure that I'm satisfied with the final version of the color scheme for this creature, I may work on it some more in the future. But here's the process I used to color.

First i did a couple different versions, thinking about how the colors would reflect its habitat (at this point I had not decided if it would be a forest or a desert creature). These are just flat colors applied over the line drawing.


This last one is my favorite, although I think it could use a little bit of variation still. I got this one by combining two other color versions, something that often yields more interesting results than just trying to create more new ones from scratch. 

Then I applied the shading layer to the colors, and added some extra highlights and textures, still just trying out different versions to see which I like best. 







This one is the best I think, although I think I might make the skin texture more matte and less shiny, more like an elephant or a rhinoceros, especially on the back area. 



No comments:

Post a Comment