Saturday, September 15, 2012

Expanding the blog

So I have decided to expand the purview of this blog to include work from my classes as well as thesis work (although the two do overlap to some degree).

Here are some quick sketches from photo reference that I did for my maquette sculpting class. Our first assignment is to do a bust of an existing character. I decided that I wanted to do a realistic sculpt, so it became a choice between a few of my favorite characters: Kenneth Branagh as Henry V, Kenneth Branagh as Hamlet, Ripley from Alien/s, and Loki from The Avengers. (There's a tiny bit of thesis character work snuck in there too)

I think I'm going to go with Loki wearing his armor and shouting angrily ("I am a God you dull creature!"). I though the shape of his armor and cape would make a really nice base for the bust, and if I'm able I'd like to sculpt his helmet as a removable element as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment