Saturday, March 16, 2013

claw frog

I made a claw frog, with a couple of color variations. I think I like the blue one best, but I'm not sure. This frog appears to have both claws and hair, but neither are what they seem. The "hair" is actually a series of small skin flaps that allow the frog to gain extra oxygen from the water. The "claws" are actually bony projections from tips of the phalanges. These extra bones are venomous, having a hollow core through which toxin runs. The venom, however, is intensified by the frog's diet, and if its diet is controlled it is not potent enough to injure a human, making them (relatively) safe pets, so long as their temperament is docile.

And just for fun, since this creature is based off of a Hairy Frog, here's one that might be kept as a pet and thus has grown to an old age. I've named him Gerald, because I think he resembles my favorite naturalist. 






No comments:

Post a Comment